Thursday, April 28, 2005

Pressure

I have a question, for no one imparticular. How do Christian people respond to nonChristian people who are improper? I mean, like, at work people make jokes and stuff or they talk about things, and I feel like I have to laugh. If not, I'd pretty much be "a bump on a log." I don't want to be known as a "goody-goody," but I don't want to compromise my Christianity in any way. I want people to know I'm a Christian. I don't know how Sarah does it. I mean, as hard as it is, I don't swear or anything because I want to be a Christian influence, but I have such a hard time not listening to people when they talk, even about inapropriate things. Sarah will say right out how wrong someting is, and people know now not to swear around her or talk dirty around her. People respect her. They respect her wishes. I don't know how to handle this. Ok, ok, Kathryn is overreacting, but I really am struggling with this. Maybe it all comes down to the acceptence issue. Maybe I feel I have to fit in. Well, I do want to fit in. I feel I need to fit in, but, of course, I don't fit in. Go figure.
There's something that been on my mind. It's about teenagers (of course). Christian teenagers, actually. There's all these Christian people that I know (most of them actually). They all claim Christianity but somehow act as though they are not. The things they talk about and the things they do. Some of it, I'll have to admitt is funny, but when I think about it later, I realize that it might not be so clean or right. The things is, I join in. I laugh, and I think it's funny. I shouldn't have to be feeling guilty about anything I do with Chritstian friends. Here's the problem.... all of the Christian people that I know that make me think I shouldn't be hearing that are my awesome friends. All of the people that aren't are "goody-goody" people that I don't like to hang out with because I get condemed for saying things like crap or dang. Don't get me wrong (I think it's fuuny how I'm reffering to myself as me when I'm talking to myself, since noone reads this that I know of) I'm not not doing anything wrong with my Christian friends like robbing a bank. It's just that some of the jokes and stuff people say are wrong and against God's teaching. If I mention anything to them I get talked about how I think I'm so perfect. Am I assuming this? No, it's happened many times before. Many.
I'm just a Christian teenage girl trying to live my faith. But there's all this pressure in the world, Christian and nonChristian worlds, about language, sex, sexual jokes, and treating the oposite sex like objects. That's somthing that I've been noticing, espesially in Florida. I have more to say about this, but I have to go now. I'll post more about it later.

2 Comments:

Blogger C.M. Coon said...

Hey Kathryn,
it's Craig.
what are you talking about that you have nothing to say! you have alot to say and it's good. those things that you are struggling with, everyone who follows Jesus struggles with, young and old alike.
Keep bloggin!
peace,
Craig

9:39 AM  
Blogger **Kathryn Joy** said...

Stacey,
Yeah, I'll be praying for you, and the kid that's been placed with you too! Actually, I pray for you often. I really enjoy the relationship we have together and the relationship I have with you kids. I can't wait to add another kid to my favorite kids to babysit list! God bless!!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home