Sunday, September 18, 2005

Another missed opportunity

So I have this friend from work, Rene, who's friend, Erin, killed herself. Rene and Erin went to school together and have been friends for a long long time. I guess Erin's sister found her hanging and called the hospital or something, but Erin ended up dying anyway. Rene came to work the other day sobbing, and I honestly didn't know what to say to her! So I just held her.She came to work sad today too because I think the funeral was yesterday or Friday or something. I had the perfect time to tell her about God's love for her, but I froze! I couldn't remember what to say at all! The only thing I could say was that when I was in a similar situation I prayed a lot. Way to go, Kathryn. I feel like I passed up a great oportunity! Why is this so hard for me? I thought that God was supposed to give us the words....... maybe not...... I'm not sure....
Lord, Help me with this!

1 Comments:

Blogger C.M. Coon said...

Hey Kathryn,
this was the same girl that i had talked about. was she at the funeral? anyway she is going to need someone to love her for a long time, not just someone who has "the right things to say." You have the chance to SHOW the love of Jesus to her in real ways! What a great opportunity!

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home