Monday, October 24, 2005

Living a Godly life?

Life has been good these past few days. I've been pretty joyfull. Feeling close to God. Today I got a little discouraged, though. Jill was talking about her friend saying how she didn't like the song "Mr. Brightside" because it was against the Bible. She was saying how her firend was really "into the Bible and Jesus and stuff" and I said that I was too and Jill was like "no, not like this." After work I started crying. I feel like a failure! I'm trying to be a good example at work and at school where a majority of my class is not saved, but at the same time I want to fit in. I want people to know I'm a Christian through my example and respect that I am a Christian. I have to wonder, am I completely failing as a follower of Christ?

1 Comments:

Blogger C.M. Coon said...

Kathryn,
you pose such a great question:
"I have to wonder, am I completely failing as a follower of Christ?

i think that if we all asked ourselves this type of question more often then we could better follow Jesus.

My brother in law works with a Muslim who he says he respects ALOT. he is kind and considerate he prays five times a day like Muslims are supposed to, he is committed to following Muhammad. the difference is that the motive behind his moral life is to hopefully get himself a place in heaven.

As Christ followers we tend to relax and coast in our faith because we are saved by grace through faith. Jesus did it and I don't have too! that is all true AND we are called to follow him. So you ask a great question!

keep it up!

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home