Thursday, May 12, 2005

Hard Times ahead

Wow! It's hard to hear news like I heard today. Tim is leaving Cornerstone (for reasons unbeknownst to me) meaning I will have seen 3 youth pastors come and go in the past four years that I've been in youth group. I didn't "connect" with all 3 of them, but I did "connect" with Tim. We talked for a few hours in Florida.
This just adds to the change about to take place in my life. Maybe it's time to think about the reality about to hit me head-on. I've been putting it off for a long time.
The end of the summer will be the last time Benjamin will ever live with me. Next summer he is moving to California for a job at a summer camp, and then he's moving back to college, just to do it again the next year and every year until he's out of college. His graduation was one of the hardest things I have experienced because it meant I was loosing a best friend who has ALWAYS been there by my side for everything. He's back for the summer, but it's hard because I don't want to get too re-atatched and never ever have things back to normal. He's almost 20 now!
At the beginning of the school year, Liz, my best friend ever, started up a new school after going to school together for 10 years. It's still hard because I don't have very many friends at school, and I still miss her a lot.
Dawn, a girl I got really close to 7th and 8th grade year (she knows me better that most people) went off to RBC 3 hours away, but I still got to see her from time-to-time. Now, she is moving to Florida and getting married.
Sarah, my other sibling/ good friend, is also going to college next year 3 hours away. We shared a room for 14 years, and now we are doing it again. She is leaving with Benjamin. I will be alone with my parent for 3 years with no one to talk to or sympathize with me when my parents go nuts.
Several of my friends from school will no longer be attending my school next year (lucky them- New Life is driving me nuts!). I have gone to school with these people since I started school, and they won't be returning next year.
Tracey, an older friend I have from church, is getting married and now going to another church. She and I got really close, but she won't be there anymore.
One of my teachers is leaving my school (which wouldn't be such a bad thing except....) this means that Mr. Heinemann will be teaching both chemistry and algebraII to me next year. I really like Mr. H, but I don't understand his teaching. I got all a's and b's in my other classes, but I got a D in his class this year, and I did really bad last year with him too. I can't have him for 2 classes because I get SO confused and mad at myself because I don't understand. And when I get mad at myself bad things happen. I'm already stressing about this, that's how much it means to me.
And the big cohuna to brake the camel's back.... New Jersey. Only now we know for sure that Farmer Jack is up for sale. Basically, we're screwed! I might as well start packing.
I can't handle this! This is too much! I feel like I have huge rock on my shoulder that won't leave.
Why does this all have to happen at one time?! Can't I depend on anything?! Everything is changing.... Family, friends, school, work, church.... The only thing that hasn't let me down is God's love! But it's hard to see with the rocl blocking my view!
God help me to see the better in all of these situations!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home