Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Death...??

Last night a life ended at 92 years old. It was my volleyballball coach's mother and mother-in-law. They are 58 and 60. I have never met the lady before, but I went to the funeral home to be there for my coaches. They were so touched that we were there. My coaches are never upset about anything, so it was hard to see them sad. They smiled a lot, but when Coach Davey was talking about her to us and telling us how he had cried, Sarah and I almost cried. One thing he said was that his mother went strait to Heaven and that she wasn't scared to die, she was ready.
I wonder why Christians are afraid to die. I mean, I am. (well sometimes I pray that God will just let my die, but then I get scared and take it back- like that's going to matter- hehe) My theory of why Christians are afraid is because we've never done it before. When I was a child and I'd never been to a resturant before, I was scared and never wanted to go. I usually ended up liking it. I was afraid when I got my first (and only) cavity filled because I'd never gotten one filed before and didn't know how it was. I was scared out of my mind to go jet skiing for the first time because there were all the risks, and I'd never done it before, but of course it ended up being the sweetest thig ever. Maybe we're not actually afraid of death but the possibility ofa long and scary painfull death. The unknown.
As a Christian we don't really need to be afraid because we know we'll be living with God forever. I wish I could be one of those people like Li Quan from Safely Home who dedicated his entire life to serving Christ and teaching other people about Christ. I know he's not real, but he reflects the lives of so many people across the globe who have died for Christ. That would be so rewarding, wouldn't it? I want to be one of those people who dedicates there lives no matter what the cost to serving Christ and using their lives to point to Christ ( see, I am a good listener). I want to be willing to die for christ with out being afraid of dying. I would be able to live forever with the God I died serving! How awesome!
I just don't want to be afraid of death!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home