Thursday, July 28, 2005

A trip of a lifetime!

So here's a run down of the trip......
We left of Thursday night, drove all night to Joplin, Missouri. Sometime while we were driving through Oklahoma we had some kind of van troubles and made a like 6 hour pit-stop at a car repair shop, so we didn't get to our next destination, Ruidoso, New Mexico until like 6 hours later than we were supposed to which was really late! The Next day we climbed up a mountain... And when I say moutain, I really mean mountain, not little hill. I thought I was going to die when I reached the top, but I made it and here I am still alive! I made lots of friends that day.
The next day was go into Mexico day. We leveled to ground, put down the framing and stuff, and poured the cement. It was sweet having a cement truck to save so much time. It took all day last year to do what we did in like an hour or something this year! The next day we put up finished building the framing for the walls and then put them up and put on the celotex. I wasn't allowed to go to the worksite after that because I was throwing-up sick! I wasn't allowed to go to the worksite the next day either because I was still sick, but I got to help with VBS and see the little kids from last year!!! They remembered me and I we were all crying when we saw each other. The crew finished the house that day and we had dedication the next. On Friday we started building the next house. We actually got all the walls up and stuff that day too. People keep asking me what the houses are made of... So here it is.... Cement foundation, wood wall and roof frames, black stuff that I think is called celotex, chicken wire and stucco. I have no idea what the roof was made of except it had tar paper on in I think. There was electrical and insulation and drywall on the inside. I learned a lot about building on the trip.

We got to go up to my cross! It was awesome. I cried!! What an experience for me and all of us!
I'll write about the next week when I have more time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home