Thursday, March 02, 2006

Mexico installment #2

FYI...... Mexico Installment #3 actually comes before the pictures....
I don't think we got as much done as we planned, but I think some of that is due to the fact that Hernan, our supplier, needs lessons in supplying. Also, almost everyone got sick! One day I was painting the wall with mortar paint which was difficalt to do when I had to go to the bathroom every half hour or so to go puke or, well, you know. haha. Lots of people got diarrhea; it was nuts!
The highlight of the trip for me was visiting the families of the houses that we built in the past. Oh my gosh! It was amazing! How God can use people from an insignificant town in Michigan to do such an awesome work. It was awesome to see inside the houses and see what they've done with the places. The best part was seeing the kids, though. I really have a soft spot for Mexican kids. I didn't think they'd remember me, but they did! They did!!!! I almost cried when Lupita ran into my arms and wouldn't let go. It's an amazing feeling, for real! I could even comunticate with the kids a little bit!! Not, much, but I did my best. It was awesome to see Sandra from the first year too. She remembered me and we got to talk a little bit too.
Another awesome part was seeing a family from VBS a few years ago. I was teary when Alegandra ran into my arms and cried! It was amazing! Thanks you, God for that! It was AMAZING! I love that family to death! I wish I could help them!
Another highlight which may seem stupid was playing Eucher and spoons with everyone. It helped us to "bond" and grow closer. I haven't had so much fun in forever!!! Emily made an awesome Eucher partner! We totally rocked! I also helped in breaking the table while diving across to get a spoon, but it wasn't all my fault!
My other favorite part was going up to "my" mountain. It wasn't really a spititual experience (mostly because I was concerned about keeping myself warm and getting good pictures), but it still had special meaning and I think it always will. We climbed up one night to watch the sunset (beautiful!) and a few of us crazy kids got up early to watch the sunrise. There is no better place in the world to watch the sun then the hill in Mexico! For real, it's amazing! I had fun hanging out with the people who went up and will always remember what happened there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home